Acronis Drive Cleanser 6.0
The proven solution to securely obliterate hard disks.
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Getting rid of an old PC, upgrading to a new hard drive, returning a leased computer, or redeploying a PC within your company? It is truly imperative to completely destroy all data from the old hard disk.
The mass media and the Internet are full of stories about used computers being sold with hard disk drives containing confidential data — banking account information, credit card numbers, social security data, human resource, accounting and other internal documents, or even restricted information concerning a company's board of directors!
This confidential data should not only be safeguarded according to the strict rules, but it should also be reliably and completely destroyed when needed. You know you have deleted all the financial, corporate, and personal files, and even formatted and deleted hard disk partitions — but are they really gone from the drive? The answer is NO!
Acronis DriveCleanser 6.0 ensures the complete destruction of data on selected partitions and/or entire disks. Acronis has a long history of supporting all Microsoft operating systems and now continues that tradition with full Microsoft Vista Support for Acronis Drive Cleanser 6.0!
Features and Benefits
- Microsoft Vista Support — Support for Microsoft's latest and most robust operating system to date.
- Securely deletes all the data and partitions on a hard disk.
- Full review of the results of hard disk wiping through built-in DiskViewer utility.
- Extremely easy to use Windows XP-like wizard-driven interface.
Data Destruction Standards:
Microsoft The Acronis Drive Cleanser application offers the destruction of confidential information on hard magnetic disks with the help of special algorithms.
National data destruction standards
These algorithms were designed in compliance with most known national standards:
- American: DoD 5220.22-M;
- American: NAVSO P-5239-26 (RLL);
- American: NAVSO P-5239-26 (MFM);
- German: VSITR;
- Russian: Russian Standard, GOST P50739-95.
In addition to algorithms corresponding to national standards, Drive Cleanser supports predefined algorithms proposed by well-known and authoritative specialists in the field of information security:
- Peter Gutmann's algorithm — data is destroyed with 35 passes;
- Bruce Schneier's algorithm — data is destroyed with 7 passes.
Below you can see screenshots of Acronis DriveCleanser 6.0 working with built-in wiping algorithms.
Selecting partitions and/or hard disks for wiping
Deleting a partition and/or a disk after data destruction
Predefined algorithms of data destruction
Script of confidential data destruction
The completion of data destruction script
The utility for viewing the contents of hard disk partitions
Below you can see screenshots of Acronis DriveCleanser 6.0 on how to create and use custom wiping algorithms.
Creating custom algorithms in Acronis DriveCleanser 6.0
The number of passes the custom algorithm will make on the hard disk
The custom algorithm definition window
Defining patterns for writing to disk during each pass
The created custom algorithm
Saving custom algorithms
Loading custom algorithms from files
- New! Microsoft Vista
- Windows 3.1 + DOS
- Windows 95
- Windows 95 OSR 2
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 3.1
- Windows NT 3.5
- Windows NT 3.51
- Windows NT 4.0 (including Server)
- Windows 2000 (including Server and Advanced Server)
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
- Linux (any distribution)
- SCO UNIX
- Any other
- This product is available as instant electronic delivery upon purchase.
- Acronis Advantage Premier - Offers 24 x 7 support services available via phone, chat, and email. Acronis Advantage Premier customers receive priority support in the event of a business-critical system error (severity A), customers will receive the initial response within one hour. The first year of service is included with the Acronis line of corporate products.